Brandywine, MD is now being targeted for THIRD natural gas power plant! We don’t want another!
Promoting Maryland and Prince George’s County environmental laws and Climate-Change/Greenhouse Gas Reduction
• Health effects caused by air quality degradation.
• Power plants are located within a 12-mile diameter:
- PSEG Keys Energy Center 10322 North Keys Rd, Brandywine, MD 20613
- CPV St. Charles 5025 Thomas Edison Dr, Waldorf, MD 20602
- Chalk Point coal/oil/gas-fired power plant 25100 Chalk Point Rd, Aquasco, MD 20608
- Brandywine Power/KMC Thermal (formerly Panda-Cedarville), gas-fired plant 16400 Mattawoman Dr, Brandywine, MD 20613
• Toxic chemicals leaching into ground and surface water at Mirant/GenOn Energy fly ash dump site, which is near the North Keys Park, and the Brandywine DRMO Superfund site, which is near Brandywine Elementary School.
• The requisite street widening and extension of city sewer, natural gas and water into our open-space (O-S) zoned portion of the rural tier will increase development pressures, particularly industrial ones.
• Further decline in property values.